Q: Help me assess if this service is suitable for me.
A. The following checklist will help you determine that:
- I have a portfolio which is over Rs 7 lacs (otherwise Index or Mutual Fund, via monthly SIP, could be a more cost effective way to invest in a diversified portfolio).
- I don’t need this capital for at least the next three years (longer the better).
- I am investing for capital appreciation to beat inflation (instead of generating regular income).
- I understand these returns will not be steady but lumpy with some negative years too.
- I have the ability to stomach volatility and wouldn’t panic seeing my portfolio temporarily go down even by 30-40%.
- I have an adequate health insurance policy for myself as well as my dependents (Ideally at least Rs 5 lacs per person).
- I have a life insurance policy (term plan) which is at least 10 times my annual income.
- I have six months of household expenses as Emergency Fund.
- I have no outstanding high-cost loans like Credit Card or Education Loan.
Q: What is the process to register and when will my account be activated?
To register, kindly follow the steps:
- Signup at http://investor.stalwartvalue.com/users/sign_up
- Assess suitability via Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Pay subscription fees through a secured payment gateway
- Your account will be activated instantly
Q: Are there any discounts?
Yes, we have 20% discount on 3-year plan. The price mentioned on Home page is discounted price.
Q: There are so many other advisory firms offering these services at lower prices, why have you kept fees at these levels?
We believe we have kept our fees reasonable enough and it shall make economic sense to even retail investors with portfolio of Rs 7 lacs (and above).
Having said that, you may appreciate the fact that it is always an easy option for any advisory firm to keep fees low and increase subscriber base, however that would be counter productive for everyone as a group, as large buying from few initial members itself will take the stock to high levels and opposite while exiting the stock. We intend to offer our services to a limited group and hence had to adjust the fees accordingly, keeping in mind our costs and intended quality of research. Whenever we reach our intended number of investors, we freeze subscription and open again only when some existing members do not renew making room for new members.
Q: Can I cancel at any time?
Subscription once taken is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
Q: Do you also invest in the stock ideas you share with your clients?
Yes we also invest in the stocks under coverage as we believe in having skin-in-the-game. This ensures our interests are aligned, we ensure all care has been taken in stock analysis/selection and also we track the stocks religiously. We are also regulated by SEBI RA Guidelines & CFA Institute Code of Ethics & Standards of Professional Conduct (USA) to which we are fully compliant. SEBI Regulations do not allow any of the partners or employees to trade in the recommended stocks 30 days prior or 5 days post the report is published and we have to give mandatory disclosures about ownership in the stocks discussed.
Q: What would be the mode of communicating the reports?
Each investor who signs up gets a unique login ID to enter the SA investor dashboard, where he/she can read Initiating Coverage Reports, Quarterly Updates, AGM Notes, Annual Report Dissections and other updates. We notify about stock ideas as well as other updates on registered mobile number and email address.
Q: Is the fees inclusive of all taxes?
No, the fee stated on Home page is exclusive of 18% GST.