Recently I had the privilege of sharing my thoughts on investing with my fellow FIL Alumni at Flame University, Pune. The video, along with the presentation, is shared below. I talked about ‘India’s Consolidation Wave'; how the organized players stand a great chance to grow amidst an on-going shift in consumer preferences towards standardised and branded offerings.
Video_India’s Consolidation Wave
Notes on Video (Time 31:11)
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:00 Drivers of Long-term Returns
- 03:00 Case Studies – Page Industries & Relaxo Footwear
- 04:30 Defining Unorganised Sector
- 05:50 Industry Research Filters Applied
- 06:40 List of Industries with high potential
- 24:45 Case Study – Decorative Paints (1980 – 2016)
- 26:48 GST: A big enabler
- 29:00 Value Migration Vs. Consolidation Wave
- 30:25 Summary
Presentation_India’s Consolidation Wave
For convenient reading switch to full screen mode – click the second icon from right.